Quotes on Leadership - 26 Inspiring Quotes about Leadership
Quotes on leadership can be wonderfully insightful and instructive. Are you ready for a lesson in leadership?
- It is a fine thing to have ability, but the ability to discover ability in others is the true test.
- To lead people, walk beside them... As for the best leaders, the people do not notice their existence. The next best, the people honor and praise. The next, the people fear; and the next, the people hate. When the best leader's work is done the people say, 'We did it ourselves'.
- A good leader inspires people to have confidence in their leader. A great leader inspires people to have confidence in themselves.
- If your actions inspire others to do more, to learn more, to dream more or to become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams
- Leaders know one thing... if they have no one following... it's gonna be a long walk.
- Leadership comes from the top down as it has traditionally, but in today's world it also has to come from the bottom up.
- A leader leads by example, whether he intends to or not.
- A leader is a dealer in hope.
- Leadership is not a right - it's a responsibility.
- Donít walk behind me; I may not lead. Donít walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
- The speed of the leader determines the rate of the pack.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The glue that holds all relationships together --- including the relationship between the leader and the led is trust, and trust is based in integrity.
- The unique ability to take decisive action while maintainign focus on the ultimate mission is what defines a true leader.
Robert T Kiyosaki
- To be a leader, you must stand for something, or fall for anything.
Personal Leadership Development Quotes
These few quotes on leadership development in a personal vein are particularly appealing to me. Add your favorite leadership quotes below.
- Leadership is not a right of passage, or at least it shouldn't be. Leadership is a state of mind. A philosophy. An attitude. Understanding this, you an recognize and develop the key traits that will enhance and improve your personal capacity for leadership.
- Mountaintops inspire leaders but valleys mature them.
J. Philip Everson
- The taller one walks, the bigger a target they become.
- Leaders set high standards. Refuse to tolerate mediocrity or poor performance.
- Refuse to make excuses or blame others. The leader always says, If it's to be, it's up to me.
- Leadership can be found in the most unusual and unexpected places... like in your daily routine when you live your life... amazing.
You will find other resources on Personal Leadership Development via this link.
Quotes About Leadership at Work
Leadership quotes for the work environment are plentiful. Here is just a small selection... please add your favorite quotes on leadership below.
- It is up to the leader to create a healthy environment where people are not afraid to fail. Mistakes should be seen as an integral part of the organizational process. They are a normal part of striving for excellence.
- It doesn't take much talent to issue orders. It does take continued discipline to study the variety of people you are leading in order to understand what it takes to motivate them - and to inspire them to do their very best to make the company and themselves a success.
- The heart of a leader is the heartbeat of a group... is your group on success life support?
- The more excited and committed you are to your work, the more excited and committed will be the people around you. The leader always sets the tone for the department or organization.
- Honesty in the workplace can't be regulated. It has to be encouraged by leaders who themselves are honest and willing to admit their failures.
- Leaders must understand that some people will inevitably sell out to the evil side. Don't waste your time wondering why; spend your time discovering who.
Before you scroll down...
Keep an eye on the slider (above) for a few minutes to see the personal development products and services that I recommend!
- Personal Growth Tools
- Purpose in Life
- Personal Planning
- Self Empowerment
- Self Esteem
- Spiritual Growth
- Dealing with Stress
- Developing Intuition
- Inspiring Thoughts and More