Over 100 Short Inspirational Quotes to Share
Modern Day Mentors Share Short Meaningful Quotes
- Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
Dr. Michael McGriffy
- You weren't born to fit in. You were born to be brilliant.
Simon T. Bailey
- Always be happy, never be satisfied.
- If you are clear about what you want, the world responds with clarity.
- Evaluation of the past is the first step toward vision for the future.
- The few who do are the envy of the many who only watch.
- If you don't like where you are, change it! You're not a tree.
- Life is a Gift, not a Prize.
- Target the Heart of Your Customer, not his Wallet.
- What you Think is what you GET.
- There is true courage in the acts of every day living.
- Loss creates a vacuum into which something greater always flows.
- One good idea is all you need to start a fortune.
- You have the ability, right now, to exceed all your previous levels of accomplishment.
- Always look to yourself as the primary creative force in your own life.
- Today the greatest single source of wealth is between your ears.
- An idea can take nothing and turn it into something.
- Focused mind power is one of the strongest forces on earth.
- Amaze yourself; manifest your full potential.
Even political leaders can, on occasion, provide short inspirational quotes:)
- It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of USA
- No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.
- None are so empty as those who are full of themselves.
Andrew Jackson, 7th President of USA
- One man with courage makes a majority.
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
Mohandas K. Gandhi, Leader
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Martin Luther King Jr, Clergyman and Activist
- One person with a belief is equal to a force of 99 who have only interests.
John Stuart Mill, Philosopher and Political Theorist
- The policy of being too cautious is the greatest risk of all.
Jawaharlal Nehru, Political Leader
- When we have done our best, we should wait the result in peace.
John Lubbock, Statesman
Writers are a rich source of short inspirational quotes.
- Only that day dawns to which we are awake.
Henry David Thoreau
- Seek, above all, for a game worth playing.
Robert S DeRopp
- It is never too late to be what you might have been.
- Only passions, great passions can elevate the soul to great things.
- Each day comes bearing it's own gifts. Untie the ribbons.
Ruth Ann Schabacker
- Ah, but a man's reach should exceed in grasp, or what's a heaven for?
- Dwell in possibility.
- Adversity is to me... a tonic.
Sir Walter Scott
- All glory comes from daring to begin.
Eugene F. Ware
- The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.
Joseph Campbell, Mythologist and Writer
- Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.
- A child is fed with milk and praise.
- The height of your accomplishments will equal the depth of your convictions.
William F. Scolavino
- No pressure, no diamonds.
- A man must be obedient to the promptings of his innermost heart.
- Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become.
- Love truth, and pardon error.
Voltaire, Writer and Activist
- New roads; new ruts.
Gilbert K. Chesterton
- As long as your going to be thinking anyway, think big.
- When things come to the worse, they generally mend.
- Ignorance is not bliss, it is oblivion. Determined ignorance is the hastiest kind of oblivion.
- Dreams have as much influences as actions.
Stephane Mallarme, Poet and Critic
- Know thyself.
- Calmness is the cradle of power.
Josiah Gilbert Holland, Novelist and Poet
- For peace of mind, we need to resign as general manager of the universe.
- The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled.
- Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
- In pain is a new time born.
Adelbert von Chamisso, Poet and Botanist
- Natural abilities are like natural plants; they need pruning by study.
- Prosperity discovers vice, adversity discovers virtue.
- We judge a man's wisdom by his hope.
- The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.
- To different minds, the same world is a hell and a heaven.
- Light is the task where many share the toil.
- The charity that is a trifle to us can be precious to others.
Short Inspirational Quotes from Spiritual Figures
Spiritual thinkers offer short inspirational quotes perfect for personal development.
- If you light a lamp for somebody else it will also brighten your path.
- I have learned whatever state I am in, to be content.
Philippians, The Bible
- Mix a conviction with a man and something happens.
Adam Clayton Powell, Pastor
- Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
Rumi, Sufi Mystic
- Everything that is done in the world is done by hope.
Martin Luther, Priest and Scholar
- Turn your melodrama into a mellow drama.
- If you would thoroughly know anything, teach it to others.
Tryon Edwards, Theologian
- Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker.
John Maxwell, Pastor and Author
- The things that we love tell us what we are.
Saint Thomas Aquinas
- He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.
Lao-tzu, Taoist Philosopher
- Ideas are the root of creation.
Ernest Dimnet, Priest and Writer
- Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your heart.
Ecclesiastes 9:10, Bible
Short Quotes from Personalities in the Entertainment Industry
Entertainers might not be the first people you'd think of for providing short inspirational quotes, but they can show great insight.
- The difference between a hero and a coward is one step sideways.
- It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
- A dream is a wish your heart makes.
- I risked much, but I made much.
P. T. Barnum
- Try not. Do, or do not.
- Attitudes are more important than facts.
- Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles.
- Haste trips its own heels, and fetters and stops itself.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Roman Playwright
- Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.
Carol Burnett, 1936-present
- There is only one you for all time. Fearlessly be yourself.
Short inspirational quotes don't give you many words to gather the meaning. Knowing something of the author can hint at greater depth.
For example, when Albert Einstein says 'Logic will get you from a to b, imagination will take you everywhere', we might be more inclined to take it seriously than if Marilyn Monroe said it.
- Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
John Wooden, Coach
- Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
Roger Crawford, Athlete
- The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
Alan Kay, Computer Scientist
- Having a healthy disregard for the impossible… that’s a really good phrase.
Larry Page, Co-founder of Google
- Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
- Every man is the architect of his own fortune.
- The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- Genius is there in all of us, just waiting for us to tap into it.
Robert R. Toth, Artist
- A single day is enough to make us a little larger.
Paul Klee, Painter
- The darkest hour has only sixty minutes.
Morris Mandel, Educator and Journalist
- Instinct is untaught ability.
Alexander Bain, Inventor and Educationalist
- Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.
Marie Curie, Physicist and Chemist
- Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open.
Sir James Dewar, Chemist and Physicist
- The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of childhood into maturity.
Thomas Henry Huxley, British Biologist
- Logic will get you from a to b, imagination will take you everywhere.
Albert Einstein, Theoretical Physicist
- I never failed once. It just happened to be a 2000l-step process
Thomas A. Edison, Inventor and Businessman
- There ain't no rules around here!
- Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.
Henry Ford, Industrialist
- Life is a gift. Live every day as a thank you note.
Before you scroll down...
Keep an eye on the slider (above) for a few minutes to see the personal development products and services that I recommend!
- Personal Growth Tools
- Purpose in Life
- Personal Planning
- Self Empowerment
- Self Esteem
- Spiritual Growth
- Dealing with Stress
- Developing Intuition
- Inspiring Thoughts and More