What Is Inner Peace?
In questioning what is inner peace, consider an atmospheric 'High' pressure weather pattern. It's a good symbol for inner peace.
- high pressure is anticyclone - anti means opposite and cyclone means violent storm, so a High is opposite to a violent storm
- the center of a high is characterized by stillness, with no turmoil
- there is calmness despite what might be going on around or nearby the inner center
- a high pressure zone is expressed as settled conditions
- it is associated with clear air... think clarity of mind
- the name, a 'High' represents - being full of hope or elation, enthusiastic, optimistic
You can think of inner peace as feeling like clear blue skies, no wind, and calm seas!
What Is Inner Peace... Primary Components
A great acronym to associate with inner peace is being AT peace. Yep, no need to go anywhere or do anything to achieve peace... it's here now.
There is no wanting for anything to be another way, time, or place.
This not only answers 'what is inner peace' it also answers 'where is inner peace'... when you in the present here and now you can find being AT peace.
- A is for acceptance of the situation, and even more than mere acceptance... Appreciation. To have inner peace is to appreciate the present moment and present situation. No matter what is happening in your life, you take responsibility and are open and grateful. You might be grateful for what you have, what you know, your friends, what you have to share, what lessons you are learning, what challenges you are facing... you are grateful for it all.
- T is for Trust. You absolutely trust yourself... you are living a life of self empowerment.
And through personal spiritual growth
you trust the universe. All that presently is, and all that is yet to pass, you know it is in divine order. You embody the personal leadership quality of non-judgment... there is no need to judge, nor compare to other possibilities.
You know that you, along with your higher power, are just fine and going in the right direction. Together you will successfully wend the way through life's joys and challenges, successes and failures. You trust that everything is working out perfectly. You have complete faith that whatever you need and want will be dealt to you suitably by the creative energy of the universe.
With confidence, you go about your life fearlessly.
When you find inner peace, action flows easily and naturally. It is directed self motivation, driving with purpose and creating dreams. You have given yourself complete permission to witness and allow life as it is, to inter-act with it to create, and not attach to it.
So, what is inner peace? It is being AT peace... loving what is and loving yourself.
What Is Inner Peace Not?
If people only explore peace deeply enough to know that it includes acceptance and trust, they might be inclined to think that because everything is fine, it means they won't be doing anything! That is not the case at all. Inner peace is not:
- disinterest or an uncaring attitude
- lethargy or laziness
- idly sitting by waiting for something external, or in the future, to create your outcomes
Inner Peace Quotes
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
You can think about this in the context of the ego and the individual... "When the power of love overcomes the ego's love of power, you will know peace."
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
"A peace that comes from fear and not from the heart is the opposite of peace."
Levi ben Gershon
"The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion and a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.”
“The way of peace is the way of love. Love is the greatest power on earth. It conquers all things.”
“There is a criterion by which you can judge whether the thoughts you are thinking and the things you are doing are right for you. The criterion is: Have they brought you inner peace? Peace Pilgrim
Before you scroll down...
Keep an eye on the slider (above) for a few minutes to see the personal development products and services that I recommend!
- Personal Growth Tools
- Purpose in Life
- Personal Planning
- Self Empowerment
- Self Esteem
- Spiritual Growth
- Dealing with Stress
- Developing Intuition
- Inspiring Thoughts and More